Lyra Etna Lambda Mono
Product Code: LYC017MON
ex-vat: £ 6,245.83
The Lyra Etna Lambda Mono is a special mono version of the Etna Lambda for optimal playback of monaural/monophonic (mono) microgroove vinyl records.
On mono records, the vertical axis of the groove contains no musical information, but it will frequently have noise, in the form of groove damage and dirt. The Etna Mono has therefore been designed to be completely insensitive to the vertical axis, which greatly improves the signal/noise ratio without any downside on monaural records. The coil former is a square permeable plate oriented parallel to the record surface rather than the 45-degree angle used for most stereo cartridges, while the coils are wound so that they only generate a signal when there is horizontal movement of the stylus and cantilever when tracking a record.
Two totally separate monaural coils are used in the Etna Lambda Mono, since most monaural cartridges are used with stereo amplifiers and stereo speakers. The separate coils also help avoid possible ground loops and hum problems that could otherwise be caused if a single coil is fed into a stereo two-channel amplification system, thereby tying the two channels together electrically.
All Lyra cartridges are designed by Jonathan Carr in collaboration with Yoshinori Mishima, and manufactured by Lyra in Japan. Yoshinori personally does final build and fine-tunes every Etna Lambda.
Sorry, this item is not available for online order.
To purchase, please Contact Us.
- Lyra-designed long-footprint variable-radius line-contact nude diamond (3um x 70um profile, block dimensions 0.08 x 0.12 x 0.5mm), slot-mounted
- Cantilever system
- Diamond-coated solid boron rod with short one-point wire suspension, directly mounted into cartridge body via high-pressure knife-edge system
- Machined titanium central core, anodized aluminum
- Two individually isolated monophonic/monaural 6N high-purity copper coils wound in parallel (on top of each other) on a square-shaped chemically-purified high-purity iron former with 3.0 ohms self-impedance
- Output voltage
- [email protected]/sec., 2.4μH inductance
- Frequency range
- 10 Hz-50 kHz
- Channel separation
- Greater than 35dB at 1kHz
- 12x10-6cm/dyne at 100Hz
- Cartridge weight (without stylus cover)
- 9.2 g
- Distance from mounting holes to stylus tip
- 9.5 mm
- Recommended tracking force
- 1.68-1.78 g (1.72 g recommended)